Burnham Westgate Church St Mary the Virgin Norfolk
The outstanding feature of the church is the remarkable parapet topping its Perpendicular tower. The parapet is made up of a series of panels which are carved with biblical figures and scenes. In the centre of each side is an “M” for Mary. The work was financed by William Lexham, Lord of the Manor, who died in 1500, his Arms are also included in the carvings. The church was subject to a Victorian restoration in 1872, although features from earlier periods remain including the 14th century clerestorey and a brass dating from the 16th century. Most of the windows contain clear glass. The earliest stained glass dates from the 19th century.
For further information and to view the details of each window click the boxes below.