Stained Glass of St Edmund Downham Market
St Edmund’s is located on a beautiful site, overlooking the town to the fens beyond.
Although the building underwent an extensive 19th- century restoration, a number of earlier features survive, including a 15th-century font, a lady chapel dating from c.1500 and an eight branch glass chandelier made c.1730.
Similarly although most of the glass was produced in the 19th century, the west window contains a collection of medieval fragments which were arranged during the restoration, including glass produced in the early 14th century. The 19th-century panels include work by leading workshops of the day, including Wm Morris & Co together with Heaton, Butler & Bayne.
For further information and to view the details of each window click the boxes below.