Stained Glass of St Swithin Church,Frettenham, Norfolk
The church mainly dates from the 14th century, with subsequent alterations including the addition of the parapet in 1672 and the rebuilding of the chancel in 1869.
Of particular interest are the quatrefoil windows in the clerestorey which are typical of the Decorated period (early 14th century) – we are more used to seeing large windows in the clerestorey to maximise the amount of light in the church.
Although the church contains a 14th century stained glass window depicting Angel Gabriel the church is dominated by the magnificent 20th century east window. .